Cumberland provides safe residential care for single parent families. While they are rebuilding their lives the families receive help, including:
- Quality low cost housing
- Parenting education
- Strength-based counseling
- Spiritual guidance
- Assistance through case management in setting and reaching goals specific to each resident in the areas of budgeting and financial management, employment, parenting, relationships, health
With time, they find a new beginning at Cumberland.
All applicants will be evaluated that they meet the following initial program requirements before being added to the interest list or being encouraged to apply.
- Must be at or below 80% of the HUD income limits for their family size
- Must be employed and able to pay the rent as structured for the program
- Must have reliable transportation plan for getting to work/school/daycare
- Must have full custody of at least 1 child
- Must be single
- Must pass a criminal background check (No violent crimes or other crimes deemed a safety risk to the campus)
- Must pass a drug test
- Must be willing and able to participate in program requirements (case management, counseling, parenting classes, etc.)
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be placed on our interest list. Once we have an opening, those on the interest list will be invited to apply. Applicants will then be asked to complete an interview to be selected for the program. For more information about safe residential care for Single Parent Families, contact our intake office 940-382-5112 x 252, or email@example.com.